History of The Entrance
Everyone has fond memories of The Entrance. It has always been
an appealing holiday destination and in more modern years it has
become a wonderful place for retirees to live and also raise young
The natural resources have always made the town very special.
Where else could you find the magnitude of magnificent waterways
on offer, all of which are perfect for relaxation.
The Entrance has been known by several names. In 1911, it was
called Karagi (the Aboriginal meaning is the entrance or doorway).
The local people of the day decided that they prefer the English
version of the name, so in that year the town became The Entrance.
The town has seen many changes and encountered many ups and downs.
There was the golden years when the town thrived and offered a
marvelous shopping strip, a carnival atmosphere, sun and surf.
People flocked there from all walks of life and
never went away unhappy. The townspeople were friendly and welcomed
it all began
come to town
Accommodation - Tent City
Found Tuggerah Lake?